Monday, July 28, 2008

Our Beach Vacation!!!

Katie Grace and her "clam"!Myles and Katie Grace headed to the pool.

My beautiful boy!
Myles and Katie Grace playing with their friend Luke.

Let me start by saying we started out with good intentions... We planed to leave for the beach June 14 and stay for 7 nights. This was a well thought out vacation we had looked forward to for months! We decided to take my grandmother with us to "enjoy" herself and be able to spend time with the children. My Paw Paw had passed away in April and we lost Lan's Paw Paw in June so we all really needed to get away and "relax". We wanted to leave by 11:00 a.m. and we loaded up in the Yukon at 10:59 to which I had to make one of my really smart comments about. I put the car in reverse and BAM!!! Nanny's car was behind me and as I turned the wheel to back up I slammed into her car hooking my bumper into her front fender. Well God is really good and I was able to call our friend Ronny, who drives one of those REALLY big wreckers that pick up 18 wheelers, and he came to our rescue. One hour later we are on our way and happy. We go to Hardee's, because by this time it's lunch, everyone gets their drinks and Katie Grace starts crying... She had grabbed her sprite by the lid and it was everywhere. God provided again because we had beach towels in the car. OK so we get there and get settled and there were a few agitations here and there but everything was going well until Tuesday... Nanny and I went to Foley to shop. We made it into one store when my phone rang. Lan says "I think we have a problem". Myles had thrown a Dora figure at Katie Grace in the pool and gashed her forehead open. We drive all the way back to Perdido Key and I realize we do need stitches. (If you should go to the beach and some accident should befall you your only options for medical attention are in Foley or Pensacola.) My babies are so precious because even after being wounded Katie Grace would NOT go to the doctor without Myles. Oh and in the car I hear a sweet little voice in the back of the car say "Mama, does my hair look OK!", Lan just gave me that look he likes to give! Long story but we ended up driving to an urgent care center in Pensacola and they were able to use the glue. I then made the terrible mistake of saying "what else could go wrong?". The next morning we get up, smiling and happy. I go to the bathroom and come out and make pancakes for everyone. This was a beautiful morning! Lan goes into our room and starts hollering! The toilet has run over and flooded our bathroom, bedroom, closet, hallway and into my grandmother's room and bathroom. We are in HELL!!! God takes care of us again and the plumber and carpet guy are there in minutes. The plumber explained that the toilet flushed but then never stopped filling up. They were so wonderful and so was the carpet guy. The drama ended and the rest of the vacation was fairly uneventful. We did have fun and met a wonderful family that have been coming every year for 18 years. They have a wonderful grandson Luke who is 5 and played really well with Myles and Katie Grace. We will go next year and are very thankful for the good times we had. I did learn one very important lesson. If something should happen as your leaving, STAY HOME!!! Just kidding, I'm just glad we can have a gook laugh about it now! We really did have a great time and here are some pictures to prove it!

0 comments: