Monday, November 17, 2008

Hot Pineapple and Cheese Caserole

By request I am posting this wonderful recipe! This casserole is on my menu every Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is my mother and brother-in-laws favorite!
Hot Pineapple and Cheese
3 (20 oz.) cans of pineapple tidbits, drain and reserve juice
1 1/2 cups of sugar
9 Tablespoons of all-purpose flour
4 cups of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Topping:
1/4 cup butter
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers
1/4 cup of sugar
Preheat oven to 350. Combine 9 Tablespoons of pineapple juice, sugar and flour. Add cheese and pineapple chunks. Mix well. Pour into a lightly buttered 9x13 baking dish. In a small bowl melt butter and add crushed crackers and sugar. Place on top of pineapple mixture. Bake uncovered 45 minutes.

2 comments:

Abby said...

i took that exact dish to josh & peggy's when they had maddie gray! im not a fan of hot fruit but they said they liked it!

Julie Heriard Culpepper said...

I thought I would hate it the first time I had it but I loved it!