Monday, September 15, 2008

On the way to Wal-Mart...

We spent this past weekend in Hazlehurst. Saturday morning Lan went outside to move some stuff out of my front seat so Nanny and I could go to Wal-Mart. I came outside stood at the back of my car and was about to get in when Nanny came out and said "snake". A rattlesnake was right at my car door! I never saw him or heard him. Lan went inside and got his shot gun and blew his head off! First shot, I was so proud of him!
Thankfully the children were inside and God had place my grandmother right there to warn me! The thought of that snake sends chills all over! The funniest thing is Lan cut his rattles of wrapped him in garbage bags and put him in the deep freeze so we could bring him home for his Uncle Buddy to skin! Can you imagine, right next to the peas and butter beans!

0 comments: